Terenine

www.terenine.com
  www.terenine.com
There are newer employer reviews for Terenine

Made good contacts, but it's not the place they claim it to be

I have been working at Terenine

Pros

1. It used to have lots of great people - good for networking - but many have since left.
2. The owner claims to support a fairly decent cause.
3. Salary is best in the area - if you've been hired since the last management change.

Cons

The short story is that the management is completely incompetent. They have consistently been unable to provide direction; they do nothing meaningful to promote retention or raise morale; and titles are of no consequence.

Benefits are pretty bad overall, morale is extremely low, and people who have been there 2 years+ probably haven't seen a raise during that time. Many of them are long overdue. The company instead burns them out and pays twice as much to relocate people and provide salaries to them. It's an interesting concept. And like everyone else has said, communication doesn't exist. At least meaningful communication doesn't exist.

The company is on the wrong track and it is clearly a management issue. The best thing to do right now is listen to the suggestions being given from the people that still work at this place. There have been a number of things pointed out that could be fixed that continue to be broken. It may also help if you can see your own faults and stop pushing all of the blame on employees - specifically, ex-employees that can no longer defend themselves. It's childish and ridiculous.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Terenine (View Most Recent)

Very depressing with incredibly low morale

I have been working at Terenine

Pros

There are a few good people still here that are worth meeting and connecting with.
    Due to the incredible loss of employees you can ask for any amount of money and they will pay it.

Cons

Management refuses to accept that they continually make bad choices and let good people go. Everyone who has left has said to the highest echelons of leadership that they need to remove certain bad leaders which at this point has spread to most leadership positions. The only person in leadership that has been here longer than a year is the President. If you move here and accept the relocation bonus, because apparently we are unable to hire locally due to the bad timesfreepress articles, it is just not worth it. You regret the decision within a month by two you are finding ways to pay it back. Things have gotten so bad rumor has it we are contracting with technical companies to do the jobs we can't do since we have lost most of the staff.

Take the time to accept that we are all looking and or waiting for other jobs. In the meantime perhaps stay back and let us do what work we can, all you are doing now is continually making things worse. Moving departments around just puts us under other bad leaders that cause confusion in who we report to and how we are to do our jobs.

Struggling company with potential

I have been working at Terenine

Pros

Chattanooga is a beautiful and low cost place to live.
    Terenine has potential to be a major player in the market.
    There are some talented people working here.

Cons

Information is not shared among the company, the rumor mill is how everything gets communicated.
    Management doesn't have a handle on anything and sends mixed messages throughout the organization and their own teams.
    Management believes that vision statements and loosely defined goals are the answer instead of getting their hands dirty and makings things work.
    Favoritism is a serious problem within the organization for both hiring and promotions. Make a buddy in management, kiss enough (you know what) and you will go far, until someone better comes along then they will get the glory.

Take a moment to listen to your employees. They are your most valuable resource and not children to be talked down too. Don't lash out when people criticize, but look in the mirror and fix the problem. Not everyone responds to being threatened.

There are newer employer reviews for Terenine