There are newer employer reviews for Terenine

You can quit, but you can never leave

Current Employee - Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Terenine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some fantastic co-workers. You will be challenged and have technical arguements that will sharpen you. Some of the best technology in this part of the country.

Cons

Unfortunately, none of the fantastic people are in management. We all wonder if they went on retreat and thought, "how can we be more evil?" Part of the answer is making employees sign ridiculous "company protection agreements" that basically keep any of us from getting a job if we were to leave. They have stabalized the workforce through fear of lawsuits.

Stop being evil. Treat your employees how you'd like to be treated. Apply some of your Christian charity to your own people instead of beating them up. Rebrand yourself already and provide some actual leadership and direction instead of creating fear.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Terenine (View Most Recent)

Made good contacts, but it's not the place they claim it to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Terenine

Pros

1. It used to have lots of great people - good for networking - but many have since left.
    2. The owner claims to support a fairly decent cause.
    3. Salary is best in the area - if you've been hired since the last management change.

Cons

The short story is that the management is completely incompetent. They have consistently been unable to provide direction; they do nothing meaningful to promote retention or raise morale; and titles are of no consequence.

Benefits are pretty bad overall, morale is extremely low, and people who have been there 2 years+ probably haven't seen a raise during that time. Many of them are long overdue. The company instead burns them out and pays twice as much to relocate people and provide salaries to them. It's an interesting concept. And like everyone else has said, communication doesn't exist. At least meaningful communication doesn't exist.

The company is on the wrong track and it is clearly a management issue. The best thing to do right now is listen to the suggestions being given from the people that still work at this place. There have been a number of things pointed out that could be fixed that continue to be broken. It may also help if you can see your own faults and stop pushing all of the blame on employees - specifically, ex-employees that can no longer defend themselves. It's childish and ridiculous.

Very depressing with incredibly low morale

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Terenine

Pros

There are a few good people still here that are worth meeting and connecting with.
    Due to the incredible loss of employees you can ask for any amount of money and they will pay it.

Cons

Management refuses to accept that they continually make bad choices and let good people go. Everyone who has left has said to the highest echelons of leadership that they need to remove certain bad leaders which at this point has spread to most leadership positions. The only person in leadership that has been here longer than a year is the President. If you move here and accept the relocation bonus, because apparently we are unable to hire locally due to the bad timesfreepress articles, it is just not worth it. You regret the decision within a month by two you are finding ways to pay it back. Things have gotten so bad rumor has it we are contracting with technical companies to do the jobs we can't do since we have lost most of the staff.

Take the time to accept that we are all looking and or waiting for other jobs. In the meantime perhaps stay back and let us do what work we can, all you are doing now is continually making things worse. Moving departments around just puts us under other bad leaders that cause confusion in who we report to and how we are to do our jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Terenine

Worked for Terenine? Contribute to the Community!