Terex

www.terex.com
  www.terex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Terex

As far as engineering experience, it was a great place to get your foot in the door.

Current Employee - Design Engineering Intern in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Design Engineering Intern in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Terex has strong engineering team from investing time and resources into developing skills for their team.

Cons

Like most companies, Terex has been slow to recovery from the previous economic setback.

continue training interns, I believe they are great potential investments.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Terex (View Most Recent)

Very poorly ran company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Terex

Pros

I honestly can’t think of one…beside the fact that you’ll have a job to go to everyday, and your boss will not be smart enough to know your job responsiblies or how long they should take … so work as much overtime as you want.

Cons

Lazy, apathetic managers and sales people who constantly fight and bad mouth each other to there customers, and sit behind there desk sending emails and IMing all day. There are no opportunities for advancements and don’t hold your breath for a raise – you’ll get one once every 3-4 years if you complain about it enough or can put up with the BS long enough.

Learn to be leaders and not just dictators. Learn to inspire, motivate and lead by example. Take ownership of your facilities and serve. Go out and meet our customers make them feel like you care…even if you don’t.

A lot of lip service about respecting employees and servant leadership but they don't really care about their employees.

Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Manufacturing Engineer in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Working in the AWP division wasn't too bad but Construction or Roadbuilding is terrible.
    There are some cool products that they build.
    There are some great people working there but unfortunately they don't let any of them into management positions.

Cons

I have worked almost ten years and only have 2 days more vacation than when I started. I finally found another job where they care about their employees and will be starting there in another week.
    There are many others that will be leaving as the economy picks up and more jobs are available.
    There is no chance for improvement unless you are good at playing politics and don't care about the people who work for you.
    I heard the Director of operations for all of Rock Hill said if the employees aren't upset he must not be doing his job right and that seems to be how they run things.

Stop thinking so much about your own ladder climbing and remember the people that are making your success possible.
    A little consistency would be nice. Why are the benifits (ie. pay and vacation) so good at AWP but not at the Roadbuilding site just 5 miles down the road.

There are newer employer reviews for Terex