There are newer employer reviews for Terminix

Opportunity to make money, but constant company changes makes this job more stressful than it has to be.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Terminix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1.) Good pay & benefits.
2.) Set hours; work does not interfere with personal life.
3.) Comfortable work environment.

Cons

1.) High turnover at executive level means constantly changing company goals & policies.
2.) Differing playing fields & accountability between local branch reps & national call center associates.
3.) Constant technological deficiencies & malfunctions.

Fix what's broken before attempting to implement new company-wide goals. Hold all employees to the same standards.

183 Other Employee Reviews for Terminix (View Most Recent)

I have enjoyed my time here so far

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Terminix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) An international company with many opportunities for growth and advancement as well as relocation;
    2) in most cases, all the tools required to perform your job are provided to you;
    3) in regards to management positions, there is a bonus structure on top of the base pay, so the incentive is there.
    4) for sales, the job is baiscally 100% commission, so motivated individuals who know how to close and bundle services do very well with limitless commission opportunities.
    5) for service, this is a great job. Though you work in the outdoor elements, it is essentially a service job that many people are not aware of that makes $40,000-$50,000 per year.

Overall, this is a good company to work for with a long history and the longevity to be in business for quite some time. If you want a career and not just a job, this is the place for you.

Cons

1) being an international company, you get many customers complaining that they can't speak with someone local. Though this is mostly true (due to lack of office staff in the local branches), the call centers are in AMERICA and not India, so the customers always get an American on the phone.
    2) Some our tools, especially our primary customer database system, is terribly outdated and can tend to be faulty at times. The handheld units that all sales and service are awesome, but tend to have issues, expecially after a regular system update.
    3) bonuses are good, if the numbers are attainable. Like most companies of this size, you have upper managers who are "yes" men and those who have a true understanding of the operation and what are real and reasonable numbers to achieve.
    4) If you are not a very motivate sales person, you will struggle to earn and will eventually burn out. Self motivation is key since this is an inherent quality and not something that can be taught.

1) Pick a plan and stick with it. Bait is a terrible product and should never be offered to customers, except in states where other options are not legal.
    2) Though you have invested a lot in the Handhelds, use some of that money to invest in the infrastructure of Mission and update that system. It is 2013, afterall.
    3) Put all of the sales reps in company vehicles. The cost savings from reduced turnover and improved employee morale will outweigh any costs associated with putting the associates in these vehicles. Additionally, our close rates will probably increase due to the increased pride and professionalism the associates and customers will experience.
    4) Rethink the admin center program. I guarantee you that these centers have provided no more streamlining or increased efficiencies like everyone thought they would. They also cost more to operate and have left the local branches with little to no office staff to deal with customers, receive shipments, offer administrative support, ect. Not everything can be dumped on the managers.

An experience that I'm glad is over!!

Former Employee - Commercial Sales Professional in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Commercial Sales Professional in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Terminix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Got a paycheck that wasn't enough based on the expectations they required.

Cons

you are micro-managed to death from your manager and up!! they might as well put a ball and chain on you. We were required to do creative sales, which is fine. When doing an inspection for a customer, we had to create a need. You put the fear in the customer to make them sign. I can't feel good about myself doing this. All they care about is $$$, not honesty.
    Management says work - life balance is needed to be effective. If you weren't on budget, which 90% of the sales team wasn't, they expected you to work evenings and weekends and wouldn't approve vacation if requested. I could write a book, but I hope you think twice before accepting a position with Terminix. The sales team/region that I worked with was miserable and looking for a new job.

Think about what you have done...you get rid of sales managers and put the responsibilities of the sales on service managers. They don't have the mindset to do sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Terminix