There are newer employer reviews for Terminix

Opportunity to make money, but constant company changes makes this job more stressful than it has to be.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Terminix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1.) Good pay & benefits.
2.) Set hours; work does not interfere with personal life.
3.) Comfortable work environment.

Cons

1.) High turnover at executive level means constantly changing company goals & policies.
2.) Differing playing fields & accountability between local branch reps & national call center associates.
3.) Constant technological deficiencies & malfunctions.

Fix what's broken before attempting to implement new company-wide goals. Hold all employees to the same standards.

180 Other Employee Reviews for Terminix (View Most Recent)

I have enjoyed my time here so far

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Terminix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) An international company with many opportunities for growth and advancement as well as relocation;
    2) in most cases, all the tools required to perform your job are provided to you;
    3) in regards to management positions, there is a bonus structure on top of the base pay, so the incentive is there.
    4) for sales, the job is baiscally 100% commission, so motivated individuals who know how to close and bundle services do very well with limitless commission opportunities.
    5) for service, this is a great job. Though you work in the outdoor elements, it is essentially a service job that many people are not aware of that makes $40,000-$50,000 per year.

Overall, this is a good company to work for with a long history and the longevity to be in business for quite some time. If you want a career and not just a job, this is the place for you.

Cons

1) being an international company, you get many customers complaining that they can't speak with someone local. Though this is mostly true (due to lack of office staff in the local branches), the call centers are in AMERICA and not India, so the customers always get an American on the phone.
    2) Some our tools, especially our primary customer database system, is terribly outdated and can tend to be faulty at times. The handheld units that all sales and service are awesome, but tend to have issues, expecially after a regular system update.
    3) bonuses are good, if the numbers are attainable. Like most companies of this size, you have upper managers who are "yes" men and those who have a true understanding of the operation and what are real and reasonable numbers to achieve.
    4) If you are not a very motivate sales person, you will struggle to earn and will eventually burn out. Self motivation is key since this is an inherent quality and not something that can be taught.

1) Pick a plan and stick with it. Bait is a terrible product and should never be offered to customers, except in states where other options are not legal.
    2) Though you have invested a lot in the Handhelds, use some of that money to invest in the infrastructure of Mission and update that system. It is 2013, afterall.
    3) Put all of the sales reps in company vehicles. The cost savings from reduced turnover and improved employee morale will outweigh any costs associated with putting the associates in these vehicles. Additionally, our close rates will probably increase due to the increased pride and professionalism the associates and customers will experience.
    4) Rethink the admin center program. I guarantee you that these centers have provided no more streamlining or increased efficiencies like everyone thought they would. They also cost more to operate and have left the local branches with little to no office staff to deal with customers, receive shipments, offer administrative support, ect. Not everything can be dumped on the managers.

My time with Terminix

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Terminix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved running my route and forming relationships with my customers. It gave me a sense of accomplishment to be able to help people with their pest problems.

Cons

I feel like the employees and customers at Terminix are just numbers on a spread sheet. My Branch Manager had no idea of the ground I had to cover every day or of any special needs that my customers may have required. Our branch changed managers 6 months into my tenure and I feel that the new man could have worked with us a little better.The first thing he did when he arrived was to change up everybody's routes. He should have left that stay the way it was. I had to start from scratch learning a new route that was 50% of my production. I was let go almost 1 year to the day I was hired.

Take time with the Pest Specialist. When people invite you into their homes, they want it to be someone they have built a trust with. It takes time to establish yourself as a trustworthy person. In time, the constant turnover of employees in going to result in customer loss.

There are newer employer reviews for Terminix