There are newer employer reviews for Terminix

Okay.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Terminix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training was lacking. Loved the people I worked with in the office. Was constantly busy, there was always something to do. My supervisor understood there was life outside of work. Good benefits.

Cons

Promotions were almost nonexistent, only opportunity to move up in the company was if someone above you was fired/quit. Raises given were around $.50 for every year, which was not nearly enough for the amount of work load you were required to do. Not enough time in the day to finish tasks that were expected to be done, unless you did them sloppily just to show they were completed, which then you had to go back and do over to show better quality. People hired after you that you had to train to do a simpler job, were started at a higher hourly pay than you, and management said there was nothing they could do about it.

Compensate your employees better for the jobs that they do. Stop making people do 3 different job titles for $10/hr, and then hire people for them to train at a higher wage.

reviews filtered by
  1. Training sessions were very thorough. Management was really nice.

Former Employee - Customer Relations Saves Agent in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Saves Agent in Norcross, GA

I worked at Terminix part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good pay for a part time job. The company had great core values. Management at the Norcross location was very nice & professional.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons due to this just being a part time job.

2. The company has a bright future ahead.

I have been working at Terminix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are pretty good. The employees are treated fairly and given a lot of training, even annually to ensure everyone is current on industry changes. Management has a vision that will lead us to a good future, but there is some stumbling along the way, as noted below. The company invests a lot of money to provide new vehicles and technology making our jobs easier and enhancing our communication with our customers. The company wants to be more than just a pest control company and be in the ranks of the Fortune 100.

Cons

The company changes a lot to try to remain the leader in the industry. If you are uncomfortable with a lot of change, then it can be challenging. Also, there seems to be a lack of communication about everyone's roles with the new changes and it takes a while to get everyone on the same page. I can see where the changes are heading and they should all work out in the end, but there are pieces in the puzzle that are missing to make it a tight running operation right now.

When changes are made or when new processes are put in place, don't just send a mass email. Create a master SOP that is required to be present in all locations so every location in every state is on the same page. Also, send the CSRs in the contact centers for at least one day of field ride-alongs so they can see what we do. I think this will give them a greater appreciation and understanding of what we do as a company.

There are newer employer reviews for Terminix