Terracon

www.terracon.com
  www.terracon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Terracon

Perfect Balance of small and large sized projects.

Current Employee - Project Geotechnical Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Project Geotechnical Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Terracon

Pros

I get the exposure to the nature of projects I want to work on. I have worked on large roadway projects that are technically challenging and smaller projects to fill out the low times. I have a boss that respects my opinion and has the patience to listen to what I have to say, even though I may get shot down completely sometimes. The people I have interacted are similar in nature and makes you love your work. It's not one of those where you have to wake up on a Monday morning and call in sick because you don't feel like dealing with your boss and the workplace in general.

Cons

Sharing resources isn't something that is a strong point about the company. I think they are evolving to times where they realize that the world is becoming flat and the person doing the work doesn't necessarily have to located at the location of the work. Also, all offices aren't standardized and it's don't have consistently similar work environments. Standardization is something that is very difficult when you have offices across the nation, and it's a tough path that Terracon's beginning to work on. However, they are far from accomplishing their goals.

Recognize younger talent. They are your tomorrow. Hiring a kid out of college and then letting him go will really demoralize him about the company and the profession in general. I really think hiring practices need to be closely monitored and younger professionals should be allowed to grow and expand in areas they want to go in.

98 Other Employee Reviews for Terracon (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, with chance of advancement.

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Terracon

Pros

Good management, space for advancement, good office atmosphere.

Cons

Could pay a bit more.

Great management with good knowledge and leadership.

Good people to work for, knowledgeable, a great place, a good company

Former Employee - Geotechnical Field Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Geotechnical Field Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Terracon

Pros

Good Boss
    Understanding
    Easy to work with

Cons

I dont see any real downsides. A job is afterall still work and hard at times. Cant complain

Great job guys, I appreciate how you run the business. Keep up the good work and good luck with future projects!

There are newer employer reviews for Terracon