There are newer employer reviews for Terracon

It has been a great experience that challenges me.

Current Employee - Client Development Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Terracon full-time for more than a year

Pros

We provide quality work to our clients. We are an employee owned company. There is opportunities for continuing education. We have a great safety program.

Cons

It can be challenging to balance both marketing and business development for 4 different departments. It is also a little bit of a challenge to track successes.

85 Other Employee Reviews for Terracon (View Most Recent)

A long stressful up and down tenure

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Terracon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good resources and access to info. Majority are good people. Decent benefits. Nationwide. Good place for engineers

Cons

Terrible work/life balance. Worked at some level 7 days a week, even on vacations and days off with little compensation. Very few raises outside of the consistent 2%-3% annual 'cost of living adjustment'. Top heavy in management and very protective of their high-end salaries, company profitability and the protected class of principals and engineers. Very high expectations for technician responsibilities while purposely having low pay to maximize profits at all costs. They'll work you to the bone without hesitation.

Not every engineer/manager deserves 6 figure salaries. Responsibilities and expectations should be rewarded with raises (more money)

Company to avoid, either as a client or as an employee.

Former Employee - Senior Field Technician  in  Greeley, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Field Technician in Greeley, CO

I worked at Terracon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefit package. Staff level personnel have decent security.

Cons

Non-staff level personnel considered expendable. Work trucks unsafe, not equipped to drive on jobsites, or in winter. Poor work/life balance. Non-chargeable time used AGAINST you, even if it's for a good reason like continuing education, holiday, kids snow day, etc.

Your field personnel are human beings, not just numbers. We work virtually on call during the summer months, yet are the first to be fired if work slows down in the winter. Rear-wheel, 2 WD vehicles are the unsafest types of vehicles in winter, or in mud season. Don't count certification and holidays as non-chargeable time. Try to keep up with the cost-of-living when doling out raises.

There are newer employer reviews for Terracon

Worked for Terracon? Contribute to the Community!