Terracon

www.terracon.com

Good place to work, with chance of advancement.

Current Employee - Environmental Scientist  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Environmental Scientist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Good management, space for advancement, good office atmosphere.

Cons

Could pay a bit more.

Great management with good knowledge and leadership.

Other reviews for Terracon

Good people to work for, knowledgeable, a great place, a good company

Former Employee - Geotechnical Field Engineer  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Geotechnical Field Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Good Boss
    Understanding
    Easy to work with

Cons

I dont see any real downsides. A job is afterall still work and hard at times. Cant complain

Great job guys, I appreciate how you run the business. Keep up the good work and good luck with future projects!

Overall great place to work, but individual offices vary

Current Employee - Field Technician II/Assistant Project Manager  in  Topeka, KS
    Current Employee - Field Technician II/Assistant Project Manager in Topeka, KS

Pros

-Job duties were variable, making employees very diverse and never bored.
    -Minimal supervision
    -Good pay and benefits
    -Many opportunities to pick up hours when needed
    -Approval of vacation/sick time was never a problem
    -I worked in three offices. Two of the three had fantastic coworkers and top-notch management who showed support and recognized a job well done.
    -Very concerned with employee safety.

Cons

-Schedule was slightly unpredictable and unbalanced (3 hours one day, 15 the next, or 14 hours for 6 days in a row then 4 or 5 for the next week, etc.).
    -Big promises for career advancement with little follow through.
    -Individual offices varied GREATLY with management style. As I said, I worked for three offices. One of the three was so horrible that I tried to transfer back to a previous office, even knowing that I would most likely get laid off (I conveniently got "downsized" as a result). Management was incompetent - lousy sense of organization and lacked basic communication skills. Subordinates were often blamed for the office manager's mistakes.
    -Workplace issues often took a very long time to resolve. They had a long ladder to climb to get to the corporate office to someone who could analyze and fix a problem.

Acquiring new offices to diversify may make sense for the company, but cutting your already existing workforce to do it doesn't seem to be a great way to go about it. Also, try to look inside each office from time to time - to make sure your employees are satisfied with their work. And lastly, never forget that how profitable an office is doesn't always equal how well it's run. Try to remember these things instead of just thinking of the company as the whole, national conglomerate that it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Terracon.

Worked for Terracon? Contribute to the Community!