Terranea
www.terranea.com Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great money if your willing to break your back for them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

I worked at Terranea

ProsYour co-workers can be amazing and helpful. You build great relationships. During the peak seasons, if your in a position that makes tips, you can make a lot of money. There is always work for those who are willing to pick up shifts because they are always understaffed. I worked there twice because I loved the money and my co-workers, but the stress was too much.

ConsUpper management has no idea what going on on the floor. They really don't care about the employees. Floor supervisors come in through revolving doors and don't last long because expectations are so high. A lot have little experience and have no clue what they are doing. It's basically who ever wants the job. They aren't given any room for input and usually wear down. Some departments allow overtime so you can make money but your going to be working double shift after double shift. If you want to transfer out of a department they will make it tough and punish you for it. Even if you work 40+ hours, if you don't get hired in as full time, you will not get benefits. You will have to push and push for this. If you are full time and change positions, they will take your benefits away. If you ask for a day off, you will either get scheduled no days at all for the week or get scheduled that day plus morning and night to discourage you from asking.

Advice to Senior ManagementHIre qualified people and put them in the right positions. Take the time to listen to your employees. Stop taking advantage of your hard working employees. Quality employees=Quality service.

Wonderful

I have been working at Terranea

Pros: View, Quality employees, Great work environment Cons: Not everyone follows through with their big plans Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This was a selfish place to be employed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Terranea

Pros: Beautiful, nice co-workers, convenient, nice benefits Cons: Broken promises, low pay scale, small room for growth More

There are newer reviews on Terranea.

Worked for Terranea? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Terranea reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Terranea CEO Robert J. Lowe, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Terranea employees.