Pretty good overall.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  North Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Sales Manager in North Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Terrapinn

Pros

Good office culture, good networking opportunities through forming relationships with tier 1 executives whilst organising events, and reasonable pay.

Cons

On the phone all day trying to meet KPIs, make sales and keep activity up.

None

Other Reviews for Terrapinn

In your hands, but surrounded by some great people

Former Employee - Conference Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Conference Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Terrapinn full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Terrapinn has some truly great people as employees. From managers like Martin and Pinky, to co-workers with unique backgrounds and talents, once you are able to connect with them beyond a company relationship, you are grateful for your time with them. Being surrounded by quality people makes a job a worthwhile experience, and many of those former co-workers are now current friends.
    -the NYC branch management listens. They want you to dialogue with them and be candid about where you're at. While they want the company to have success, they want you personally to be on the path you want to be on.
    -in some ways, a reap what you sow environment. If you work hard and stick it out, Terrapinn can really reward you with some nice perks. Travel opportunities (I went to Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Canada, Chicago, and Miami), financial benefits, a very wide network, and a springboard for other opportunities await those in Terrapinn who are sharp and work hard (and are lucky; see below).
    -they honor and appreciate loyalty
    -good location
    -professional skill growth imminent

Cons

-in some ways, it's not a reap what you sow environment. There are many factors out of your hands that could be a roadblock to success, and no matter how hard you work, you hit a ceiling. For instance, some conferences are just not very marketable, and if you get a few of those, your performance can suffer, although you aren't slacking.
    -Senior Management (not referring to NYC management) has cultivated a culture of micro-management. Sometimes employees can be stifled and feel a lack of ability to work they way that best suits them.
    -Senior Management has also developed an inordinate money-focused attitude. There's nothing wrong with having a financially successful business, but there's a lot wrong with that being the primary focus. Senior Management put low on the priority chain a "we want our work to matter and make a difference" and "we want our employees to thrive" mentality.

People first. Happy employees and happy customers = success, financially and otherwise
    Give employees freedom to grow and opportunities to succeed.
    Be as approachable as possible. Communication with employees is key.

Good friends, networking and skill development but success depends on the right event

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Terrapinn full-time

Pros

- Some colleagues become great friends
    - Can learn and develop research and copy writing skills to a very high level
    - I am now extremely well networked in my sector (get invited to lots of other events)
    - Can earn good commission if you work on the right events
    - Lots of supportive training now (this was not the case when I started)
    - Travel opportunities are incredible
    - Generally better than other conference companies
    - Social - lots of fun activities and ping pong table in the office

Cons

- Working on failing events is terrible
    - Pressure for deadlines can be intense and overwhelming
    - High turnover
    - Not enough focus on the buyside
    - The strategy from central team can be confusing - better now after the recent changes

Have a fairer distribution of the good events
    Stick to the strategy
    Hire more experienced producers

There are newer employer reviews for Terrapinn.

Worked for Terrapinn? Contribute to the Community!