There are newer employer reviews for Tesco Corporation

Shaky waking up everyday wondering what will happen to the company.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tesco Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Knowledgeable technicians and flexible work schedule. I enjoyed working in the field with no supervision and being trusted to complete tasks with trust. Pay is very competitive.

Cons

Business is very up and down meaning you never know when you might have long periods of time with no work or pay. Training is still being developed and not up to par with the demands of the job.

Focus on sustaining the company and less on developing different services that technicians have little or no knowledge of.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Tesco Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great culture, great values, great people

I worked at Tesco Corporation part-time

Pros

During my time at Tesco I enjoyed my coworker's presence. The atmosphere is extremely friendly and if you need help anyone in any department is wiling to help you out.

Cons

Sometimes communication is a bit fuzzy between departments and it takes awhile to get some things done unless a lot of upper management gets on people to do something.

Work on strengthening communication and emphasizing main goals

"Red Flag"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tesco Corporation

Pros

Great Pay for similiar jobs at other companies
    Benefits are good
    Lots of options to move around the company because of back filling all the people that leave, people move around all the time and never do the same job very long...this is also a con because no one really masters what they are doing.
    Good Social Responsibility, lots of options to volunteer
    Focus on healthy living, gym available, fitness classes, etc.

Cons

No work/life balance, it is hard to take any of the vacation they give you.

TURNOVER: should have been a huge red flag to me. No one stays here more than 2-3 years, if that. Some new people are around from growth, but the large majority are from filling all the people that quit. So many people leave every week, most folks are numb to the news that someone left.

Horrible communication. It is almost impossible to get help or information from anyone. Everyone is too busy. On a personal note, the social communication is next to nothing. No one knows anything about each other's personal lives/situation...they don't care, no one talks to each other at the office, not many people go to lunch together. It is a weird office dynamic in that regard.

stop being so immune to bad managers that do not have any leadership capabilities. Need to focus on retaining employees, rather than a constant revolving door!

There are newer employer reviews for Tesco Corporation

Worked for Tesco Corporation? Contribute to the Community!