There are newer employer reviews for Tesco

Me happy with my work despite need to cough in extra hours to upkeep my work deliverance in my organisation

Current Employee - Chargeman in Klang (Malaysia)
Current Employee - Chargeman in Klang (Malaysia)

I have been working at Tesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tesco shares good values to upkeep environment. Always has good high expectations in maintaining a well organised store especially by its outer and floor appearance. Has good visions and missions to to keep the flow to continue to grow. "Because we care " is one one powerful slogan that's reminds and keep me going despite many hindrances in work-life.

Cons

Having need to commit long working hours towards work to keep it going to meet deadlines. Specific Office rooms not available for Facility departments for self and department to get organised.

Advice to Management

Humble suggestions : 1.To continuously carryout in depth study on working hours so that doesn't over work the staffs and help them to have more time for themselves especially for recreations and games which will in return help the organisation to grow smoothly. 2.Help less the less fortunate people in each country it has its stores in learning to up keep good basic life values to help them keep growing positively in being part of a knowledgeable and value oriented community.

Other Employee Reviews for Tesco

Slow

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cheshunt, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cheshunt, England (UK)

I have been working at Tesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The company does care about bringing it's staff on

Cons

- Salary is abysmal - Changes get pushed out time after time - Company is trying to be a fast paced eCommerce company but is too big and slow - Nocturnal working hours - They take on staff with weak characters, no interests outside of work so they can be completely brainwashed into robots. They wake up 40 years old staring out the window in a faded white shirt and an old Ford Mondeo and frustrated in a comatose state.

Advice to Management

- Pay your staff properly, not concentrating all the pay on the execs. - Stop taking advantage of junior staff

2. Very good learning experience but not as rewarding as i wished it to be

Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Functional Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Tesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Work life balance, Flexible shift timings

Cons

Employee Processes are very slow