There are newer employer reviews for Tesco

Flexible for students, helpful staff and an easy job through university

I worked at Tesco

Pros

Relatively easy, stress free jobs. Other staff are generally friendly and helpful

Cons

Make no effort to accomodate the move to a different branch over christmas period (when going back home from university for christmas) even though this is advertised as an option around the store.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Work culture and the best learning Centre for Retail

Current Employee - Process Lead (Analytics & Market Research in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Tesco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance and Retail Knowledge

Cons

Pay Might not be very exciting

2. Me happy with my work despite need to cough in extra hours to upkeep my work deliverance in my organisation

Current Employee - Chargeman in Klang (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - Chargeman in Klang (Malaysia)

I have been working at Tesco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tesco shares good values to upkeep environment.
    Always has good high expectations in maintaining a well organised store especially by its outer and floor appearance.
    Has good visions and missions to to keep the flow to continue to grow.
    "Because we care " is one one powerful slogan that's reminds and keep me going despite many hindrances in work-life.

Cons

Having need to commit long working hours towards work to keep it going to meet deadlines.
    Specific Office rooms not available for Facility departments for self and department to get organised.

Advice to Management

Humble suggestions :

1.To continuously carryout in depth study on working hours so that doesn't over work the staffs and help them to have more time for themselves especially for recreations and games which will in return help the organisation to grow smoothly.

2.Help less the less fortunate people in each country it has its stores in learning to up keep good basic life values to help them keep growing positively in being part of a knowledgeable and value oriented community.