Tesla Motors
www.teslamotors.com Palo Alto, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Lots of work, too many hours, but intense amounts of learning

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Tesla Motors

ProsProud to work there. Lots of hands on experience and the freedom to do your own work. Opportunities to take work from beginning to end.

ConsDisrespectful managers with no regard for regular work hours. Expect to work about 60 hours a week minimum, and get paid only for 40 hours. The salary does not compensate for what the company demands of employees. Significant lack of organization throughout the company, which was a constant source of annoyance.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a solid level of organization. Pay the engineers better, or at least give them better benefits that compensate them. You cannot run the engineers at 110% speed, or they will burnout. The current structure of the company is not sustainable.

Overall, an excellent experience.

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Tesla Motors

Pros: Tesla gives its interns the opportunity to perform real work on cutting-edge technology. The intern program is well-run and seems to do a good job… Cons: Although Tesla is a very cool brand, it lacks some of the perks of other Valley companies as a place to work. Clearly, having… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hard at work on fantastic projects that can make a real difference in the world.

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros: Highly competent staff, lots of experts. Very high degree of trust and autonomy in doing work. Everyone works hard and no… Cons: Pay does not measure up to other places I could work. So easy to work hard since the projects are so cool,… Advice to Senior Management: Set goals and review them in a more concrete way so performance reviews can be based on performance. Keep up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tesla Motors.

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesla Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk. All reviews posted anonymously by Tesla Motors employees.