There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors

They sold it to me like it was the greatest opportunity of a lifetime, but it's just another start-up.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros

Coworkers are awesome. You get to sit in the cars. You get free coffee and cereal.

Cons

Lack of communication between upper management and subordinates. No praise for a job well done. Expected to work weekends no matter what. Fridays mean absolutely nothing because you don't get a break. Be prepared to answer emails throughout the night (sometimes even at 2am). People are always quitting.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Communicate with us and show us that we're doing a good job. Give us a break once in a while.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

A fast paced environment, with very difficult, but satisfying projects.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Tesla Motors

Pros

A fairly flat hierarchy, and an emphasis on an open environment allows for most to contribute in a meaningful way. It's Tesla.

Cons

It is easy to get consumed in your work, and lose a healthy work-life balance. The work is very difficult, and tight deadlines lead to a considerable amount of stress.

Great brand recognition, but expect average pay and long hours

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros

*People outside of Tesla are really excited about the brand and its mission to bring EVs to an industry that's desperately needs it. *stock options *A company with great product and potential *Work autonomy

Cons

*average pay (the company is yet profitable) *long hours *little recognition of hard work *Hiring people from outside instead of promoting within

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to be better at and more transparent about treating employees. Need to address the issue of work life balance otherwise it will backfire in the long term. Need to recognize employees for their hard work.