There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors

The opportunity of a lifetime

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very gifted and dedicated group of individuals, exciting projects and showing the word 'yes we can'. You will be able to learn in a cutting edge environment and be at the cutting edge of a whole new industry that is disrupting the existing one.

Cons

HR management were eager to dismiss employees who raised concerns rather than getting to root cause, extreme time commitment

Advice to Management

Better performance review process - very one-sided and not very effective.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Internship Tesla Zurich Jan-Jul 2012

Current Intern - Intern Sales & Marketing in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Intern - Intern Sales & Marketing in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Tesla Motors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- fantastic, very helpful team - interesting, diverse tasks - great car(s) - very entrepreneurial, hands-on spirit - great customers - possibility to create, develop, plan, execute and analyse events, marketing actions and other projects from beginning to the start

Cons

- workload (weekends, evenings), caused by events - salary below market - unsecure development possibilities

Advice to Management

- offer comparative (or above) salary - create transparency concerning career paths and personal developments

Not for everyone...

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Are you a problem solver? Are you wanting to expand your brain? Then let's try and summarize this.... Tesla is pioneering a new technology, one that is in my opinion, the first step in creating a product that will revolutionize the auto making industry and help alleviate ourselves from being so dependent on fossil fuels. Growing a company from the ground up and expanding as quickly as we have isn't an easy endeavor, but we have turned the heads of the entire world, who said we couldn't do what we did, but we relied on ourselves... collaborating with each other to solve problems as they come and I have forged some of the deepest friendships and respect for my colleagues. We are being led by some of the smartest executives in the valley, executives that are putting their heart, hunger and passion in making this work. I've been here for 3.6 years and I have NEVER learned so much working for an organization. You can't pay for this kind of on the job training... because realize... when you pioneer something new and innovative, you don't have the mistakes of others to follow, you have to learn from your own... You are given every opportunity to make your mark at Tesla, which can be scary for some, opportunity to others... I'll leave Tesla not only a smarter and more solid professional, but someone who was able to keep pace with some of the more innovative and smart minds in the world.

Cons

Tesla isn't for everyone. It's a learning environment that is for problem solving individuals. It's not for the person who wants to sit back and ask what they're going to receive from Tesla. Tesla presents a viable product that is revolutionary... how often can you get the performance of a Porsche but with greater efficiency than a Prius? Those types of accomplishments don't happen in environments that are easy. We have an opportunity to really make impact on the world here... and it's an endeavor that is going to have some challenges... I can hardly label this a con, when you're learning what some of the most expensive business schools would teach you... but you're getting paid to work here...

Advice to Management

While we are busy trying to achieve the quality we know we can, it's important that we as leaders at Tesla continue to re-inspire the dream that brought us from all ends of the earth to work on this company... It's an altruistic environment of very smart, intelligent and happy people... When I first came to interview 3.6 years ago, I couldn't believe how many people loved their job so much. Because money is short, my only suggestion now is to find free ways to say thank you to the employee populous, who is working so hard for you.