Tesla Motors
www.teslamotors.com Palo Alto, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Internship Experience with experienced and passionate co-workers

Vehicle Test Intern (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA

I worked at Tesla Motors as an intern for less than a year

ProsEveryone was passionate about their job and will always go above and beyond to accomplish the task ahead of time. Asking for help was easy and everyone looked out for each other. Able to work with other departments and communicate effortlessly since everyone was either at the same location or a 30 mile drive away. Great place to work because all employees made that extra effort.

ConsBusy Busy Busy. With multiple projects happening at once, the department definitely was understaffed and had its hands full. Manager was unfortunately too distracted at times to be able to listen and help employees within department. Be prepared to be married to your work with long hours and working weekends was a norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe sure to conduct review/improvement meetings with interns at the beginning, middle, and end of intern work period to provide valuable feedback for improvement and constructive criticism.

Learning Experience - Very smart coworkers - Frustrating Environment

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Great pastoral setting in Deer Creek with horses all around - Free cereal / soda - Smart and fun coworkers - lots of trips planned outside… Cons: - very difficult to switch groups, internal mobility is low - effective mentorship / growth opportunities are nonexistent for junior engineers. A lot of engineering is… Advice to Senior Management: Engage core engineers more frequently rather than only sitting in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great product not so great job

Retail (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time for more than a year

Pros: They are very innovative company that "flies by the seat… Cons: Retail side needs much improvement to run like a business and "flying by the seat of your pants" is good for an early startup… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tesla Motors.

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesla Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk. All reviews posted anonymously by Tesla Motors employees.