There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors

Product Specialist - Great Part-time job to compliment College or University studies

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Newport Beach, CA
Former Employee - Product Specialist in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Tesla Motors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New, emerging, and innovative technologies with flashy appeal. It draws the buzz of what working with an early-Google did years ago. Tesla is very organized in making sure its employees communicate clearly and effectively. Asking questions amongst the team is strongly encouraged. Perks include working with trendy storefront technologies, driving a vehicle only few can enjoy on a daily basis, assisting the detailing team wash, prep, and detail vehicles at the service center, and participating in occasional special events.

Cons

With a relatively-new startup, there are many processes still being established. For a part-time store employee, keeping up-to-date with emails even when not on-the-clock is expected. Also, work schedules seem to change frequently and are released on an intermittent schedule. Pay is fixed hourly rate and very low for 'selling' "Premium Vehicles."

Advice to Management

Interview process is very disorganized. Some employees are hired on-the-spot whereas others takes 3-4 months with one interview per month. Just as visiting a store service center and specific store you are working at is expected; I'd recommend new employees go through the vehicle purchase process including factory visit so that employees can see and be compassionate about entire process that Tesla "Experience."

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great people, great work

I worked at Tesla Motors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt like my work was very fulfilling. The facilities are great, the location lets you meet lots of tech people (if that's what you're into), and really have nothing to complain about.

Cons

Coming from a university where I was one of the smartest, so many brilliant people made me worry a lot about my own skills. It took me a while for me to turn it into inspiration, but it's quite the change.

Passionate with a failure to recognize employees

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time

Pros

You will work with extremely passionate individuals that work hard. You also get some decent benefits.

Cons

NO work life balance. Seriously, if you have a spouse, kids, pets, friends, or a hobby, you may as well kick them to the curb now. You will be expected to be available 24/7.

Advice to Management

Focus on your number one asset; your employees. You hired them for a reason! Let them be the brilliant employees that they are and stop micro-managing. Let them problem solve. Let them recuperate once in a while.