Tesla Motors
www.teslamotors.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Product Specialist - Great Part-time job to compliment College or University studies

Product Specialist (Former Employee)
Newport Beach, CA

ProsNew, emerging, and innovative technologies with flashy appeal. It draws the buzz of what working with an early-Google did years ago. Tesla is very organized in making sure its employees communicate clearly and effectively. Asking questions amongst the team is strongly encouraged. Perks include working with trendy storefront technologies, driving a vehicle only few can enjoy on a daily basis, assisting the detailing team wash, prep, and detail vehicles at the service center, and participating in occasional special events.

ConsWith a relatively-new startup, there are many processes still being established. For a part-time store employee, keeping up-to-date with emails even when not on-the-clock is expected. Also, work schedules seem to change frequently and are released on an intermittent schedule. Pay is fixed hourly rate and very low for 'selling' "Premium Vehicles."

Advice to Senior ManagementInterview process is very disorganized. Some employees are hired on-the-spot whereas others takes 3-4 months with one interview per month. Just as visiting a store service center and specific store you are working at is expected; I'd recommend new employees go through the vehicle purchase process including factory visit so that employees can see and be compassionate about entire process that Tesla "Experience."

Passionate with a failure to recognize employees

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time

Pros: You will work with extremely passionate individuals that work hard.… Cons: NO work life balance. Seriously, if you have a spouse, kids, pets, friends, or a hobby, you… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on your number one asset; your employees. You hired them for a reason! Let them be the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people, great work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tesla Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: I felt like my work was very fulfilling. The facilities are great, the location lets you… Cons: Coming from a university where I was one of the smartest, so many brilliant people made me worry a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tesla Motors.

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesla Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk. All reviews posted anonymously by Tesla Motors employees.