Tesla Motors

www.teslamotors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors

Exciting company, but work environment deteriorating

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technology is interesting, product is unique, and there is a ton of job satisfaction.
Some of the most intelligent people I have worked with. There is so much engineering done "in-house" that it provides tremendous opportunities to learn and grow your career.

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance. Tesla is hiring rapidly and the quality of people coming in are not the same caliber of what they used to be. There is a great deal of politics and back stabbing even at the lower levels. Too many manager types and not enough people willing to do actual work

There are too many inexperienced and power hungry managers. Politics are getting out of hand at all levels and making Tesla an unpleasant place to be and I am seeing too many incredible people (execs, managers, and individual contributors) leaving because of it.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Tesla Motors (View Most Recent)

product specialist

Current Employee - Product Specialist
    Current Employee - Product Specialist

I have been working at Tesla Motors part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People in Tesla are friendly and work with synergy . HR is helping you all the way while having your manager informed of the process. The employment process was a good experience, people were real and you immediately notice the passion for Tesla's mission.

Cons

It takes around one month to get the OK, from the moment that you are first contacted to when you start working. In my case it might have taken that amount of time because I was assigned to a new store.

Working at Tesla for 1.5 years provided me with innumerable opportunities to further my career as a mechanical engineer.

Former Employee - Vehicle Test Group Co-op in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Vehicle Test Group Co-op in Fremont, CA

I worked at Tesla Motors as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Tesla is crawling with employees that are fantastic at what they do. There were experts in every department that were almost always easily approachable easy to learn from.

Cons

Because of the company being a small start-up operation, the salary level for a new engineer seemed low. This, in combination with the cost of living in the surrounding area, made for a case against accepting a full time position.

There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors