Tesla Motors

www.teslamotors.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors

Hard at work on fantastic projects that can make a real difference in the world.

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros

Highly competent staff, lots of experts. Very high degree of trust and autonomy in doing work. Everyone works hard and no one asks them to do so. Fantastic culture. Seeing the awesome cars we are building come together with parts we design is as cool as it gets. Great people.
Free breakfast cereals, coffee, snacks, drinks. Great brand.

Cons

Pay does not measure up to other places I could work. So easy to work hard since the projects are so cool, it's a challenge to keep the work/life balance in a happy place. Would like to see more emphasis on workplace safety. Limited staff to handle the hyper growth that is underway.

Set goals and review them in a more concrete way so performance reviews can be based on performance. Keep up the commitment to uncompromising excellence. Keep bringing on top performers and letting them do what they do best. Ask for more feedback from employees.

201 Other Employee Reviews for Tesla Motors (View Most Recent)

Overall experience is good.

Current Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros

It is a lot of work, but you can definitely learn a lot as an intern at Tesla. Besides that, the SF Bay area is a great place...a lot of fun

Cons

It is not clear if there will be a full-time opportunity in the future.
    Sometimes, you may not get enough resource/support.

Tesla has the best engineers and interns. But sometimes, these young talents deserve more attention and opportunity. What keeps people at Tesla should be much more than a fact that Tesla make cool cars.

Not sure what's on the road ahead of this electric car company

Current Employee - Electromechanical Technician in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Electromechanical Technician in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros

What Tesla is trying to do is challenging, interesting, and important. The company is OK, management is OK, but the economy is a challenge and it is really hard for us to get working versions of all our custom designed parts. I think it will be always good to have Tesla on my resume!

Cons

Who knows if we will make it. We just had a 20% layoff, leaving a lot more work for the rest of us. Who knows if there will be more layoffs.

Maybe we should slow down the sedan project, try to avoid custom parts, try to get our suppliers to bear more costs, and try agressive licensing of our IP to others making electric vehicles.

There are newer employer reviews for Tesla Motors