Tesla Motors
www.teslamotors.com Palo Alto, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Hard at work on fantastic projects that can make a real difference in the world.

Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

ProsHighly competent staff, lots of experts. Very high degree of trust and autonomy in doing work. Everyone works hard and no one asks them to do so. Fantastic culture. Seeing the awesome cars we are building come together with parts we design is as cool as it gets. Great people.
Free breakfast cereals, coffee, snacks, drinks. Great brand.

ConsPay does not measure up to other places I could work. So easy to work hard since the projects are so cool, it's a challenge to keep the work/life balance in a happy place. Would like to see more emphasis on workplace safety. Limited staff to handle the hyper growth that is underway.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet goals and review them in a more concrete way so performance reviews can be based on performance. Keep up the commitment to uncompromising excellence. Keep bringing on top performers and letting them do what they do best. Ask for more feedback from employees.

Overall experience is good.

Intern (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros: It is a lot of work, but you can definitely learn a lot as an… Cons: It is not clear if there will be a full-time… Advice to Senior Management: Tesla has the best engineers and interns. But sometimes, these young talents deserve more attention and opportunity.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not sure what's on the road ahead of this electric car company

Electromechanical Technician (Current Employee)
San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Tesla Motors

Pros: What Tesla is trying to do is challenging, interesting, and important. The company is OK, management is OK, but the economy is a challenge… Cons: Who knows if we will make it. We just had a 20% layoff, leaving a… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe we should slow down the sedan project, try to avoid custom parts, try to get our… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tesla Motors.

Worked for Tesla Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tesla Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk. All reviews posted anonymously by Tesla Motors employees.