Good Pay/Benefits, Terrible Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Tessera

Pros

They pay well, and the benefits are better than average for NC. They have a number of talented engineers and the technicians are friendly, capable, and hard-working.

Cons

The management lacks the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to innovate. They continue to rely on sales of decade-old products and outdated processes. There is no opportunity for growth or advancement. Young engineers are generally relegated to technician duties before being laid-off or finding other work. The experienced engineers are not allowed to disagree with the senior leadership, so nothing ever changes. Decisions are often made before data is available, and are seldom revisited when the data is there.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Interesting

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Tessera

Pros

Smart engineers, great technology. Fair pay. Good benefits - medical, dental & vision. Like the company picnics, pie days, Halloween parties ect.

Cons

Sr. management lacks direction. 3 CEOs in 5 years - 'nuf said. The company has too many lawyers - makes it very difficult to do get any type of business and marketing.

Advice to Management

Figure out your business model. Are you an IP company that will just license your patented technology or do you actually want to make product and sell it?
    Who are Invensas and DigitalOptics? Need to do some public education.

The legal department needed an upgrade

Former Employee - IP Docketing Clerk in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IP Docketing Clerk in San Jose, CA

I worked at Tessera

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and they do foster a collegial working atmosphere.

Cons

Despite their reputation to clients, much of their working policies and their organization continues to be a "work in progress".

Advice to Management

Although my supervisor signed my checks, she hardly ever asked anything of me. My supervisor was smiling, but clearly stressed out. The legal department either needs more hands or get more vacation time. It hurt to see stressed out employers take it out on their associates.