There are newer employer reviews for Tetra Tech

Great Job, but could have been better...

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There was flexibility as to coming and going, yet being responsible didn't always have its perks. The projects were interesting and there was always a challenge.

Cons

Vacation time could have been granted more liberally, as time of year.

Advice to Management

Always allow your worker's input, regardless of their value. It's the only way to keep you finger on the pulse of how well you are doing your job, other than budgets.

Other Employee Reviews for Tetra Tech

1. Nice company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Civil Engineer in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Civil Engineer in Bothell, WA

I worked at Tetra Tech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

respectful bosses and most of the people were there to competently do their jobs

Cons

I liked the people I worked with and can't think of anything to change.

Sometimes like living in a Dilbert cartoon

Former Employee - Environmental Scientist
    Former Employee - Environmental Scientist

I worked at Tetra Tech (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, extremely talented co-workers. Internal website and IT support were very helpful, as were human resources staff.

Cons

Poor opportunities for training and advancement for most employees lead to a high turnover rate. Accounting practices make it difficult for employees in one office to do work for another office. It seems easier to hire outside help than to look for internal expertise. Many creative and talented employees are not working to their potential, they are just doing busywork. Benefits were expensive, particularly for the healthcare plan, which was full of loopholes.

Advice to Management

There were some extreme religious views in the office where I worked. While this was a pro for some employees with fundamental Christian beliefs, it alienated many others. I would suggest discouraging overtly religious activities (such as lunch time bible study groups in the conference room) during work hours to restore a more neutral office environment.