Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Great learning experience.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Pros

Great people, great work-life balance

Cons

Compensation....if i were getting paid more I would not be looking for other jobs. There are career ladders for certain positions, some advance quickly and get decent pay increases, others-particularly the Administrative Assistant has 2 years between each raise of about $100 to your monthly salary. Those positions that are not part of a career ladder are subject to merits at the supervisor's discretion or when money is available. As we all know, there will not be any extra money in the government any time soon :(.

I've had very positive interaction with the leadership.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (View Most Recent)

Clerk

I worked at Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Pros

Lots of time spent without supervision to handle tasks given to you.
    I also had a lot of spare time and would ask for more opportunities to go out of my daily tasks.

Cons

Cubical mentality. The directors were always busy with their own things to not allow time to spend obtaining more tasks from them. No free anything!

Share your tasks with others. Allow for more positions in the correct departments. Talk to employees to see what that department needs

Great benefits, negative workplace.

Current Employee - Enforcement Agent
    Current Employee - Enforcement Agent

I have been working at Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission

Pros

The benefits for my family are great! Training has certainly improved, and there are a few supervisors I look up to and trust.

Cons

Very negative environment gets you down and unfocused. Atmosphere full of backbiters and coworkers who should really be minding their own business and taking care of their jobs. Management is aware of this problem but it continues and brings down the good people. Also, facility is out of date with zero modernization besides computers.

Make this a positive place to work and more good people would stick around. Agents take it from all sides, public, coworkers, supervisors. Remember this and protect your employees from it. The job is stressful enough, much less having everyone seemingly out to get you. Modernize facilities, and consider training to reduce workplace stress, especially for supervisors.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission