There are newer employer reviews for Texas Children's Hospital

Second to none...best possible place to work and recieve care. Best and brightest minds.

Current Employee - Leader  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Leader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Texas Children's Hospital full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture. The opportunities. Profound responsibility to care for employees so we can deliver best possible care to our patients. There is no mission more inspiring that Texas Children's.

Cons

Commute time is rough depending on where you live.

Keep up the visionary leadership!

62 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Children's Hospital (View Most Recent)

Good for a while

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at Texas Children's Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Hands down the best reasons are the patients! Benefits are pretty good. Opportunity to work in many different areas but you have to convince 'leadership' of your talents as they can be very narrow minded.

Cons

You can be the worst and most unproductive employee and you will never be counseled or fired which ultimately poorly affects those that word very hard. I guess that's a pro for someone not looking to do much. Work life balance is ignored. HR is not supportive and there is a harassing/threatening environment in some departments. Favoritism, nepotism...things you should never have to see run rampant at TCH. It is too admin top heavy with those taking credit for the accomplishments when it's really those hands on employees at the 'lower' levels that deserve the credit.

Stop rewarding the wrong people. And quite frankly the people receiving this tip are likely those wrong people which is why the culture won't be changing for a long time to come.
    I've seen first hand the development of the women's center and administration completely ignoring feasible resolutions to many issues from those that experienced the work flow first hand! It will literally take an adverse event before someone will see what a mess this place has become...so sad

I loved getting up and going to work in the morning, and that says a lot!

Former Employee - Human Resources Technician  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Texas Children's Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting salaries are better than other employers. Employee benefits and discounts are awesome.

Cons

Of course, the commute is horrible, and parking is expensive. Not so easy to climb the ladder.

It's not always who you know, but what you know. Experience should count.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Children's Hospital

Worked for Texas Children's Hospital? Contribute to the Community!