Faith Based Environment with Faithless Management

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and 401 K. There are a select outstanding few upper management (directors and above) and a select group of employees that really follow the mission and vision . Wonderful perks given through out the year. Very large system to spread out for career growth. Love the faith based system where God can come into the work day! the foundation of THR is great in theory and hopefully they will retain more good people to help the company improve internally. I have met a wonderful director there and upper management there who really care about the company and have great interpersonal skills and are always involved in their dept and do not have any trouble with being friendly and knowledgeable . Once you find a good director and manager( few and far between) you will have a very happy career with THR, it is possible you will just have keep transferring until you find one.

Cons

As stated prior a big problem with managers/directors. They do not follow the mission/vision of THR and they pass this onto the employees. There are cliques in management and they don't care to improve things but pass the buck and look good on paper to the upper management.Employees are too scared to say anything from fear of retaliation and gossip between management. Human Resources is no help . survey's and papers say employees are happy but that is a lie. When you work behind the scenes you hear how unhappy people are with managers and some directors and it drags morale down.Some mangers and directors are not knowledgeable in dept task. I had a director that yelled at me and intimidated me but told me i was not in trouble ,managers witnessed this and went along with it, i was appalled visible shaken and crying . it was the worst experience i have ever had in my work career and is the reason i am leaving to get away from bad managers and directors who ruin THR.

Advice to Management

Remove bad directors and managers

reviews filtered by

Great Company, Great Pay With Benefits

Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, many options to advance within the company, great people to work with.

Cons

Strict Attendance Policy, Huge Turnover, Shorthanded Staff Often

Advice to Management

Appreciate your staff more.

I loved the people and culture at this company

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Health Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and culture are THR's best asset

Cons

Politics in management and administration

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about all of the "CYA" and listen to the people working for your organization. If you have a large number of people leaving the same department, examine the problem!