Texas Health Resources
www.texashealth.org Arlington, TX 5000+ Employees

Texas Health Resources

Nurse (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

ProsThe staff are great! I would consider the nurses I work with as my friends. The hospital is very close to my home and the ED sees patients quickly due to their 30 minute promise.

ConsLack of accountability and follow-up. Some managers are almost afraid to repremand nursing staff that are not team players. Lack of Senior Management when it comes to rounding or visiting with their staff. Not all nursing staff is computer literate, provide more education where the IT trainers can come to the nurses instead of expecting the nurses to attend a class. Most nurses are not compensated to attend non- nursing classes and IT classes are not considered "clinical" classes by nurses.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpect accountability, have zero tolerance for the staff not being a team player, make frequent rounds and meet with your staff who are making THR a great place to work. Encourage community within all THR hospitals by letting other employees visit other hospitals. Be present.

Healthcare as a business more than caring for health

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources

Pros: Great facilities, good equipment, pleasant environment for family and visitors. Cons: Collaboration between nurses and physicians is infrequent. (i.e. the doctors write the orders, and the nurses follow them… Advice to Senior Management: Please work on making the nurses not feel as though they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A decent place to work as long as you stay out of sight of upper management.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources

Pros: They have a good reputation in the area. They keep compensation competitive. I have never felt the need to ask for a raise… Cons: The worst I can say is they don't try to be exceptional. Though at least one of their hospitals has the "magnet" designation, any… Advice to Senior Management: Try to keep the effective management team instead of letting… More
There are newer reviews on Texas Health Resources.

Worked for Texas Health Resources? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Health Resources reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Texas Health Resources CEO Doug Hawthorne. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Health Resources employees.