www.texashealth.org
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Health Resources

Current Employee - Nurse in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Nurse in Plano, TX

I have been working at Texas Health Resources

Pros

The staff are great! I would consider the nurses I work with as my friends. The hospital is very close to my home and the ED sees patients quickly due to their 30 minute promise.

Cons

Lack of accountability and follow-up. Some managers are almost afraid to repremand nursing staff that are not team players. Lack of Senior Management when it comes to rounding or visiting with their staff. Not all nursing staff is computer literate, provide more education where the IT trainers can come to the nurses instead of expecting the nurses to attend a class. Most nurses are not compensated to attend non- nursing classes and IT classes are not considered "clinical" classes by nurses.

Expect accountability, have zero tolerance for the staff not being a team player, make frequent rounds and meet with your staff who are making THR a great place to work. Encourage community within all THR hospitals by letting other employees visit other hospitals. Be present.

136 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Health Resources (View Most Recent)

Healthcare as a business more than caring for health

I have been working at Texas Health Resources

Pros

Great facilities, good equipment, pleasant environment for family and visitors.

Cons

Collaboration between nurses and physicians is infrequent. (i.e. the doctors write the orders, and the nurses follow them without question.) They run on an operational, cost-focused basis, as opposed to a quality of care for all basis.

Please work on making the nurses not feel as though they are constantly working under the scrutiny of a suit with the checkbook.

A decent place to work as long as you stay out of sight of upper management.

I have been working at Texas Health Resources

Pros

They have a good reputation in the area. They keep compensation competitive. I have never felt the need to ask for a raise as they do market surveys and raise pay to remain competitive. They are private not for profit which tends to allow higher quality equipment and facilities for the patients instead of trimming every penny for upper management bonuses.

Cons

The worst I can say is they don't try to be exceptional. Though at least one of their hospitals has the "magnet" designation, any floor nurse will tell you this has little to no effect on actual care given to patients.
    The health insurance plan is the poorest I have seen for a hospital system.

Try to keep the effective management team instead of letting them slip away.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Health Resources