There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

TI is a good company with good leadership and a bright future

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

The future of the company looks strong. Our management is committed to growth. The company has a supportive and open culture. Benefits are very good, as is compensation. We have great diversity among our employees. Our leaders do a good job of informing us as to how the business is doing, and what our plans are to improve where we can. Personnel policies regarding time off etc. are very fair.

Cons

Since it is a large company, the bureaucracy can be overwhelming at times. It's nice that we have a cafeteria, but it's not all that good and is a bit expensive.

Senior Management is doing a great job!

1157 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Good place to start out. You will plateau quickly though, unless you take up a managerial role

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

Cutting edge work, still a very technical company.

Cons

Management entrenched and not in touch anymore. Too many managers not pulling their weight.

Need to redo tech ladder and come up with some other scheme for technical employees to grow. Current system does not work and leads to employee frustration.

A great place to learn how a big company operates, but then get a real job.

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

Excellent IT systems for information management. For example, their management of issued laptop computers is very efficient and streamlined for data backup, connectivity, user problems (just call it in and it is fixed in about a hour), and corporate IP protection. The systems are all well done.

Cons

Demands on employee's time at the office. The policy of laying off the bottom 10% ranked employees every year creates a gun-to-the-head mentality for employees. Who is going to inject honest disagreement in that atmosphere.

Bring back Tom Engibus. All R&D has since stopped save for the new Kilby Labs announcement that will be staffed with 70 TI engineers and 30 academics. Current management will not have the patience to "wait" for 5+ years to see a new product or technology developed.

Inventing a new broom design is easy, making a jump in thought to use a different technology to get the job done takes vision and new/different technology development more complex than broom straw.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!