There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Good colleagues - but some lack of commitment from management.

Current Employee - Technical Sales  in  Northampton, England (UK)
Current Employee - Technical Sales in Northampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

I have some great colleagues who are always willing to help. There is also a good spirit inside the company with good and regular feedback mechanisms. Benefits packages are good and there has been (until now) excellent training avalable for personal and professional development.

Cons

It's a very large company, so there is a feeling on anonimity. This is even worse if you are in a satellite company away from the HQ - or even outside the US. We do struggle to compete against the big players in some markets and I feel a lack of commitment sometimes to be competitive.

Get a bit more consistent in your buniess approach. If we want to get into a buiness / opportunity area we need to stick at it and resource it properly. I have see many instances where we hae changed direction 90% of the way towards getting the biz. This destroys customer confidence. Lets drop the soundbites and get some real actions going.

1158 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

He has great vision and rich experience.

Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

quality of work is pretty good compared to its competitor.
    brand name in India is great among the engineering fraternity.
    work environment is cordial and you don't feel out of place. Follows flat culture. There is free technically challenge even
    your seniors.
    Stable company due its business startegy. Tries to forsee the the future issues and takes corrective steps.

Cons

-> lesser pay compared to similar company. (India)
    -> lot of cost cutting.
    -> facilities are just ok to go .
    -> laptops are given only to very senior people. hampers productivity.

People are promoted on the basis of what a person has created a impression on his seniors.
     sub ordinate / junior feedback is also important.

At times rather most of the time people have multiple/ different personality for people above and below.

TI is still a good company in my mind.

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Taipei (Taiwan)

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

It's free here. You can ask any technical oriented questions you want to, and everyone who knows it will be willing to answer it for you. Most of people here are friendly, and nice. I made many friends in this company. To me, this is not only a place to work in, but also a sweet home to live in.

Cons

Technical training is still not enough. Sometimes bosses just don't know what we would like to get.
    We all want to learn more, and to be better and better. Trivial works just make everybody fatigue without any sense of accomplishment.

Everyone wants to be better in the future. If you could not offer a channel for advancement, nobody will be willing to stay in the same place for a long time.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!