Texas Instruments
3.6 of 5 1,017 reviews
www.ti.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Stimulating and rewarding work environment

IC Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time

ProsExciting projects; cutting edge silicon process technology; commitment to innovation and design quality; driven by an ethical ethos; high degrees of upward mobility for talented young employees; "family" feel as an employee of the company.

ConsThere seems to be a trend of consolidating remote design centers and pushing people towards working in Dallas, TX - it is hard to gain traction on the career ladder away from HQ. Some business units are inclined to leverage stale designs in the name of getting to market rather than pushing the envelope.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo after the technology revolution, not the incremental change.

Great Company and great place to work

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great work life balance, great value Cons: Not too many cons here Advice to Senior Management: more 360s for upper management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very smart engineers, flexible environment, very good work-life balance

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros: People are very nice and willing to teach you. Very flexible… Cons: Lack of long term vision. Lack of engineers at top management. Image… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to take on riskier ventures. Do not let go of talented employees. Too many reorgs and firing will not make for a good environment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Texas Instruments CEO Rich Templeton. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees.