Texas Instruments

www.ti.com

Fairly good experience over 8 years in different areas at TI

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOK compensation if you are not a designer. I am an EE, but was not a designer. TI tends to fix problems promptly in comparison to other companies where I have worked. Their Ethics department is not a sham. I had to use it once in the 8 years I was there and there was no retaliation, but the problem was brought to top management.

ConsThere was a regular lay-off train. At one point a manager friend of mine there said she had laid off all the "bottom 10%" and they told her to choose another (two successive layoffs.) She said everyone there was top-notch. The told her to find the one who was bottom 10% of the talent in her group anyway. TI laid off some really good people while some bad ones stayed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI hope you keep 360 performance reviews and take them seriously, because there are some incompetent managers that are merely good at managing up.

analog design engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros: nice place to work. Good responsibility Cons: Sometimes work life balance is affected More

Good job,

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros: Excellent pay for performance. Hardwork is rewarded and there are… Cons: little benefit work-life balance. Not much value for experience Advice to Senior Management: value experienced workers and don't dismiss their potential More

There are newer reviews on Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!