There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Good company to work for

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I worked at the EP labs research center of TI at south campus. The pay is good, although not comparable to California startup. Since my job is research oriented, the work-life balance is good as well. But no matter how early you arrived at the company in the morning, the south lobby parking lot is fully occupied. Maybe the business unit has a quicker pace of work.

Cons

There is no free breakfast, lunch or dinner at TI, and the cafa is not very good, only offers limited choices. And the office specifically for intern students is a little bit too cramped.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fairly good experience over 8 years in different areas at TI

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

OK compensation if you are not a designer. I am an EE, but was not a designer. TI tends to fix problems promptly in comparison to other companies where I have worked. Their Ethics department is not a sham. I had to use it once in the 8 years I was there and there was no retaliation, but the problem was brought to top management.

Cons

There was a regular lay-off train. At one point a manager friend of mine there said she had laid off all the "bottom 10%" and they told her to choose another (two successive layoffs.) She said everyone there was top-notch. The told her to find the one who was bottom 10% of the talent in her group anyway. TI laid off some really good people while some bad ones stayed.

Advice to Management

I hope you keep 360 performance reviews and take them seriously, because there are some incompetent managers that are merely good at managing up.

2. analog design engineer

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

nice place to work. Good responsibility

Cons

Sometimes work life balance is affected

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments