Texas Instruments
3.6 of 5 1,017 reviews
www.ti.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Challenging and rewarding

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time

ProsRewards performance, provides large latitude in decision making, allows differences of opinions. Appreciation of the fact that we work in an ambiguous market environment, so it is not possible to play by a standard set of rules.

ConsVery tactical day-today management by senior management, high pressure work environment, low tolerance for people seeking "9-5" job.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce micromanagement

work at ti

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros: challenging, exciting, learn a lot, fun Cons: mainly analog field dominated company More

Fairly good experience over 8 years in different areas at TI

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: OK compensation if you are not a designer. I am an EE, but was not a designer. TI tends to fix problems promptly in comparison… Cons: There was a regular lay-off train. At one point a manager friend of mine there said she had laid off all the "bottom 10%" and… Advice to Senior Management: I hope you keep 360 performance reviews and take them seriously, because… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Texas Instruments CEO Rich Templeton. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees.