Texas Instruments
3.6 of 5 1,017 reviews
www.ti.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company. Great values.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

ProsTI is an older company with great values but still has the expertise to be a great competitive technology company. TI is a huge company and has a foot in many areas, so there are good opportunities.

ConsUpper management can be pretty flaky depending on the department. TI being an older company means an older style of management a lot of the time, so you get a lot of top-down directives that don't make much sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementWish there was a company wide initiative to become a more engineering driven company.

General about company

Analog Design Engineer (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good place to work in general... Cons: Politics involved unnecessarily for many cases.. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A large technical company, very old school but with good values

Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: TI is one of the very few IC companies left that has their own fabs. They compete in some pretty interesting markets, such as… Cons: Its difficult to break into upper management, and many of the people making it to upper management only last a few years before being demoted… Advice to Senior Management: Software development needs to be overhauled from top to bottom. They need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Texas Instruments CEO Rich Templeton. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees.