Amazing opportunity to develop engineering skills with TI's Product Engineering Rotation Program!

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros

TI saw a need to develop Product Engineers quickly. To do so, they created something that crams years and years of experience into a concise two year program. I have the amazing opportunity to work with four completely separate groups that all tie back into my work as a product engineer. This type of exposure so early on in my career is the thing others dream about.

Additionally, TI has such a wide portfolio of parts that I am always able to satisfy my curiosity and desire to learn. I can dive deep and learn all about the device physics of a certain part, or I can go broad and learn all about a family of devices and how they operate. And when I get tired of those, I can repeat the process with other devices.

Cons

The only thing that people might consider a "con" is the fact that this job REQUIRES you to move abroad for 6 months. However, I don't consider that a negative thing. In fact, that was one of the main selling points for this rotation program.

Continue to invest and inspire the New College Grads.

Other Reviews for Texas Instruments

Good Company, Decent pay and benefits, always changing.

Current Employee - Process Engineer Tech  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Process Engineer Tech in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Is a stable company with job security in certain departments

Cons

Long hours sometimes, a lot of change which can cause a negative impact sometimes.

TSE Rotation Program--Prepares New College Grads to Face Engineering Challenges in a Customer-Facing Role

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to a field sales office to begin the program provides an exciting overview of what a technical sales role entails. The product marketing and business operations rotations that follow are filled with challenging, impactful work that allow TSEs to contribute to the sales and marketing teams while also building a TI network to be leveraged in the future. The quick 1-3 month rotations also mirror the fast-paced environment one can expect when entering into a sales or marketing role.

Cons

None! The TSE program is a real investment on TI's part in terms of the time and resources it provides for its technical sales engineers.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!