Texas Instruments

www.ti.com
  www.ti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Amazing opportunity to develop engineering skills with TI's Product Engineering Rotation Program!

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than an year)

Pros

TI saw a need to develop Product Engineers quickly. To do so, they created something that crams years and years of experience into a concise two year program. I have the amazing opportunity to work with four completely separate groups that all tie back into my work as a product engineer. This type of exposure so early on in my career is the thing others dream about.

Additionally, TI has such a wide portfolio of parts that I am always able to satisfy my curiosity and desire to learn. I can dive deep and learn all about the device physics of a certain part, or I can go broad and learn all about a family of devices and how they operate. And when I get tired of those, I can repeat the process with other devices.

Cons

The only thing that people might consider a "con" is the fact that this job REQUIRES you to move abroad for 6 months. However, I don't consider that a negative thing. In fact, that was one of the main selling points for this rotation program.

Continue to invest and inspire the New College Grads.

1211 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Solid company to work for

Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and schedule were good

Cons

Twelve hour Night work is hard

First Year Employee in the Product and Test Engineering Rotation Program

Current Employee - Product and Test Engineer Rotator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product and Test Engineer Rotator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like working at Ti because it is a highly technical company offering extremely competitive compensation. This rotation program allows me to learn about the Product and Test role while also contributing to a team. Not only does this role incorporate Fabrication and Design, but Ti is also paying for me to work overseas and learn about the Assembly of integrated circuits.

Cons

The only con that I see is the rotations are only for six months. I see this as a con because once I start to become confident and proficient, I switched rotations and start learning at a new position.

I would just like to thank the management that I have worked with for being understanding and able to explain quickly developing problems with clarity and detail.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments