There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

As a new grad, the environment at TI promotes open mentorship with emphasis in conducting business eithically.

Current Employee - Technical Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Technical Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-TSA program opens you to a large network of individuals within the company -High growth potential -Understanding selling/marketing/supply chain -System level knowledge of high tech applications

Cons

Nothing. The TSA program is full of great benefits and opens up to a large range of opportunities in sales or marketing. There is a ramp up process for each step of this rotational program and there are a multitude of mentors that help you through.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing opportunity to develop engineering skills with TI's Product Engineering Rotation Program!

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

TI saw a need to develop Product Engineers quickly. To do so, they created something that crams years and years of experience into a concise two year program. I have the amazing opportunity to work with four completely separate groups that all tie back into my work as a product engineer. This type of exposure so early on in my career is the thing others dream about. Additionally, TI has such a wide portfolio of parts that I am always able to satisfy my curiosity and desire to learn. I can dive deep and learn all about the device physics of a certain part, or I can go broad and learn all about a family of devices and how they operate. And when I get tired of those, I can repeat the process with other devices.

Cons

The only thing that people might consider a "con" is the fact that this job REQUIRES you to move abroad for 6 months. However, I don't consider that a negative thing. In fact, that was one of the main selling points for this rotation program.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest and inspire the New College Grads.

Was acquired in the National Semiconductor purchase

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

Good benefits. Worked in a Design Center and the people were great. Worked in R&D and was very well supported in new equipment and/or technologies for use in development work.

Cons

Project decisions are often made with short minded goals. Drive for immediate return on R&D investment does not allow time for the R&D teams to properly meet design goals, corners get cut.