Texas Instruments
3.6 of 5 1,021 reviews
www.ti.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

Challenging work, keeps your skills current

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros- Always have challenging work. You won't become a dinosaur working here.
- I've never heard of a more humane company when it comes to family emergencies or personal issues (assuming you don't have a history of abusing their trust) such as death in the family, hospital leave, etc.
- You will work with the smartest, gentlest people and will love going to work. There is a strong emphasis on teamwork and egalitarianism. They must intentionally look for collaborators because there are very few bullies or uber-negative competitive types. If you're type A personality but also ethical and respectful, you'll fit right in.
- True flex time. Work overtime when its needed and take off when it isn't. No one cares when you arrive and when you leave as long as you perform above a certain level. (You have to earn the privilege first, so not many people abuse the system.) This is the first place I've ever worked where I wasn't frustrated by deadbeats.
- Truly collaborative. The web team doesn't one-up each other. Everyone is hired for a specific talent, and is expected to exchange ideas and help each other. If I don't know how to code a particular feature, I can literally go ask around and people are excited to pitch in. (The web is so splintered, there are a lot of processes, and we change things so quickly that this is really critical. No one can make it alone in this game anymore!)

Cons- Onramping is difficult. Things change quickly and we're interdependent. Just chill for the first year and half -- all your colleagues went through this too. Do not expect to be 100% independent as quickly as you would be elsewhere. No one will blame you. Its just part of working for a fast-paced, global company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers tend to be a unintuitive when it comes to human limitations, but once they get it your manager will step in and work it out. However, I wonder if manager training needs to be re-evaluated. I know many people try to get away with as little work as possible but you don't have any of those people here. Learn to discern when that conversation is a last resort from when it's merely escapism. Everything else is pretty great.

Great Company

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Plano, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great people, great environment, global exposure. You enjoy every day of work… Cons: A lot of dysfunctional processes in the IT area. Advice to Senior Management: Work as 1-IT and create process framework that spans the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Amazing opportunity to develop engineering skills with TI's Product Engineering Rotation Program!

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros: TI saw a need to develop Product Engineers quickly. To do so, they created something that crams years and years of experience into a concise… Cons: The only thing that people might consider a "con" is the fact that this job REQUIRES you to move abroad for 6… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to invest and inspire the New College Grads. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Texas Instruments CEO Rich Templeton. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Instruments employees.