Texas Instruments

www.ti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

great company to work for if you can keep your job

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great work culture and work environment. Great coworkers but sometimes the supervisors are not very friendly.

Cons

The problem is that layoffs occurs quite frequently. And if you're not lucky, you'll be out of job.

1276 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great people, great environment, global exposure. You enjoy every day of work because of the people you work with. The work culture is great too.

Cons

A lot of dysfunctional processes in the IT area.

Work as 1-IT and create process framework that spans the entire organization.

Amazing opportunity to develop engineering skills with TI's Product Engineering Rotation Program!

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than a year)

Pros

TI saw a need to develop Product Engineers quickly. To do so, they created something that crams years and years of experience into a concise two year program. I have the amazing opportunity to work with four completely separate groups that all tie back into my work as a product engineer. This type of exposure so early on in my career is the thing others dream about.

Additionally, TI has such a wide portfolio of parts that I am always able to satisfy my curiosity and desire to learn. I can dive deep and learn all about the device physics of a certain part, or I can go broad and learn all about a family of devices and how they operate. And when I get tired of those, I can repeat the process with other devices.

Cons

The only thing that people might consider a "con" is the fact that this job REQUIRES you to move abroad for 6 months. However, I don't consider that a negative thing. In fact, that was one of the main selling points for this rotation program.

Continue to invest and inspire the New College Grads.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments