Fast paced interactive environment with a diverse working culture.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are fantastic. The management rewards outstanding work and promotes learning new software and provides challenges to those who want them.

Cons

Continual re-organizational activities lead to decreased morale.

Other Reviews for Texas Instruments

An American tech giant crumbling in the hands of sales-heavy executives.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Low cost of living in Dallas. Work-life balance. Flexible hours.

Cons

TI's business principle is to avoid competition. If it's already late in a market, it is happy to stay out and never join the party. If it is already in but others start showing up, it happily drops the ball, drives the business to the ground and leaves it all behind. Basically, TI chooses not to compete (let's not get into why). This mode of operation is most disturbing for the technically talented. You might be very good at what you do and strive to stay on top of your trade, but you know that it is only a matter of time before TI will leave your area, selling out entire businesses or shutting them down. It is not a question of if, but a question of when. Most recent victims are a bunch of digital businesses.

I am really really sorry, but you are running a technology company, so it's about time technical teams help you put together a strategy. This will surely turn out better than current mode of operation (no vision, no strategy, no roadmap). This will catch up with you sooner or later. Top executive ranks are all from sales; you cannot innovate your way in technology with a top-down hard-core sales mentality driving everything in the company.

Just started, but so far so great!

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Friendly, helpful managers, staff, and personnel. I felt like I was at home on my first day!
    - Well organized, helpful orientation and new-hire process for new college hires
    - Very helpful software systems to get up to date in a hurry
    - Very "laid-back" atmosphere; can get on schedule on my own terms
    - Casual dress!!

Cons

- Was difficult in my particular job sometimes to get up-to-date on the software and commands associated with the job because I was the only one to start this month and kind of fell between the cracks as far as orientation for new engineers goes. But they still made the best of it!

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments.

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!