There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Great in technology, but life and work balance should be improved tremendously.

I worked at Texas Instruments

Pros

Challenging, reasonable pay and perk, large resources of knowledge. Very good environment for single to gain experiences before moving to more life/work balance companies or for married engineers.

Cons

This is not a good place for married engineers even though pay, benefits, and time off are very reasonable or a little above average. Management pays too much attention to getting things out, but does not pay enough attention to quality of products or employees' lives.

Balance life work, and your employees will work extra time for free at home or in the office to assure quality and robust products.

1192 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Don't bother moving in all your family photos, personal items...never know how long you'll be there

Former Employee - Process Engineering Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Process Engineering Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, more or less friendly (depending on your work group, who you know), nice campus atmosphere, like a college - nice landscaping, places to walk or bicycle. Some very smart people here (as well as some very average people).

Cons

People who have been here for years tend to get away with anything, can say anything, be extremely rude, with impunity...you may have to bite your lip a lot and just put up with it since you will have little recourse. Workplace bullying is supposedly not tolerated, but it definitely happens. Layoffs are very common - I knew only a very few who had never been laid off. Many had been more than once but were 'lucky' to come back.

Don't tell people who are going to be laid off that you have two billion dollars in cash, that the company is doing very well. Care about the people who in essence make your fat paychecks possible.

I learn things that is very useful to use in other line of work.

Former Employee - Assembler in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assembler in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The training was very good learning experince. for all the 21yrs that I was there. I work in all areas in photo.
    Then I transfer to plasma I was full train in that area on all tool set. I love the training I got in all.

Cons

It was hard to get time-off when it came to vacation time,holidays if your time is less than your co-workers they have first pick.

I dodn't have any advice about upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments