Texas Instruments

www.ti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Management Chain needs a major shakeup

Current Employee - Product Marketing in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Product Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Texas Instruments has a great history with a global footprint and many Smart people ruwho have stuck around through the turbulent recent past can make this company great once again.

Cons

The entire company is run like a Sales team. Long term vision means thinking about 4 Quarter during the first Quarter. Texas Instruments really needs to shed it's Inbred management of Sales people and hire some experienced and qualified technology executives. There is no technology company in the world that can continue to grow and prosper by spending more money on SG&A than R&D (take a look at their 2013 Annual report)

You can continue to milk Great technology and businesses built by your predecessors. At some point, they will run out of steam

1240 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Solid technical company that changes focus too often

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging jobs with lots of opportunities to work hard. Room to take on more responsibilities at any job level. Heavy international travel in senior positions. Great experience for a first job

Cons

Not much work life ballance. Focused on loading everyone as heavily as possible. Senior workers are slowly pushed out of the organization around 50. Most promotions go to individuals under 30.

The speed of turn over could impact the performance of the company.

Like a Family... with way too many personal issues

Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I first started here, I was told by current employees TI = Training Institute and Tiny Income. I don't believe this to be true. They reward hard work and effort, and they have reasonable expectations for work/life balance.

Cons

TI was like a family to me... but a dysfunctional one. Politics are horrible. Also, mass layoffs really hurt the culture.

Playbook is tedious and mostly involves paper pushing. I would like to see more emphasis on technology roadmap and less on redundant execution checks.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments