Texas Instruments

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments

Great place to work

Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Information Technology in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable, ethical company with great people that really care about the company and like their work.

Cons

As with most large companies, projects can be difficult to move forward due to multiple reasons (cost restrictions, policies, etc.). Sometimes suffers from too many chefs in the kitchen syndrome, too many different groups wanting things done their way or not at all.

Allow groups more autonomy in creating solutions. We tend to get stuck in old ways instead of being allowed to pursue new and creative methods that could save the company money or move us forward technologically.

1220 Other Employee Reviews for Texas Instruments (View Most Recent)

Texas Instruments has a great work environment and knows how to grow employees!

Former Employee - IT Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Texas Instruments full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I started Texas Instruments in an entry level job and TI spent a lot of time and money to develop me as a leader. They provide tuition reimbursement and also sent me to numerous training classes for technical topics as well as leadership and other soft skills topics.

Cons

Not the highest salaries in the market, and they are known for large sweeping layoffs. One of which eliminated my position there.

Keep up the career growth aspects. It truly makes us happy employees!

Systems Engineer

I have been working at Texas Instruments

Pros

There are lots of opportunities to get your hands into so sometimes you can find yourself over loaded and over worked. Many sub groups that work on different technologies. Generally a high caliber of professionals.

Cons

Very metric oriented. Many subgroups so this can be a negative as well since there is high turn over and can get confusing on who is working on what.

Really ask yourself why turnover is so high, and not just use "an improving economy" as the easy excuse.

There are newer employer reviews for Texas Instruments