Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
tpwd.state.tx.us Austin, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Love this agency and the work I got to do with them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people committed to their work. A fun, family-friendly work culture and environment. Excellent benefits and comp time policy. Casual dress code. All the perks of working for a natural resource, recreation and outdoors focused organization.

ConsAs is common with government, bureaucracy can be a huge challenge. Funding is determined by the legislature and lower than most state agencies. This impacts salary and opportunities for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline mandated business polices and procedures. Listen to and empower the field and in working together with headquarters. Find ways to better generate revenue and self-fund programs and activities.

No chance for advancement

I have been working at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department full-time

Pros: Great people to work with, Cons: Not a place to work if you have ambition Advice to Senior Management: Select middle managers based on more than tenure. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

TPWD

I have been working at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

Pros: Nice looking environment for office location Cons: Ultra severe discrimination against women and people of color. Women are forced to act sexually available or they do not advance. TPWD wildlife… Advice to Senior Management: Enter this century, This is not the 1940s, Diversity is here to stay and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.

Worked for Texas Parks & Wildlife Department? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Texas Parks & Wildlife Department reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Texas Parks & Wildlife Department employees.