Textron
www.textron.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

I liked the company, but felt that there was no way for me to advance without moving to Woburn or excessive travel.

Senior Principal Analyst (Former Employee)
Hunt Valley, MD

ProsGood pay and benefits package. Generally, co workers were helpful and friendly. Telework or work from home was heavily promoted by most supervisors.

ConsI spent a week at a training class when I first started, which was great, but they spent most of the time performing the administrative tasks (HR stuff) that all new hires need. The time would have been better spent showing me how my predecessor performed my job. There was no room for advancement within my department. I would have had to relocate or move to the internal audit group to be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease your training program to two weeks and have the new hire spend some time with another employee who already performs the same or a similar function to allow the new hire to get a better idea of the systems, how things are done, and what the job is all about. Assign each new hire a "buddy" to help them get oriented to Textron. This would be especially helpful for remote employees.

Overall, rather mediocre

Associate (Former Employee)
    Providence, RI

I worked at Textron

Pros: The pay is decent, and the work-life balance is very good. Most… Cons: It seems like there is little opportunity for advancement. They are trying to improve the number of opportunities available, but the majority of these opportunities… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great teamwork, mediocre management

Slidell, LA

I have been working at Textron

Pros: Workers dedicated to putting out quality product. Folks generally work together… Cons: Management was not proactive enough during salad days to prepare for future. Now they are playing catch-up, struggling to compete with more established competitors for… More
There are newer reviews on Textron.

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Textron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Textron CEO Scott C. Donnelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Textron employees.