Textron

www.textron.com
  www.textron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Textron

Was boring with not much work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Textron

Pros

Friendly and helpful people. Employees have good works ethics.

Cons

It's pretty far away from the major cities so commute was longer than I would have liked. Buildings were pretty old.

Make sure everyone feels engaged at work.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Textron (View Most Recent)

Overall, rather mediocre

Former Employee - Associate in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Associate in Providence, RI

I worked at Textron

Pros

The pay is decent, and the work-life balance is very good. Most people don't work crazy hours, and the vacation policy is very generous.

Cons

It seems like there is little opportunity for advancement. They are trying to improve the number of opportunities available, but the majority of these opportunities are in very rural places close to manufacturing facilities. It seems to be a place where time at the company and blending into the background is rewarded more-so than merit. Can be very conservative.

I liked the company, but felt that there was no way for me to advance without moving to Woburn or excessive travel.

Former Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Analyst in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at Textron

Pros

Good pay and benefits package. Generally, co workers were helpful and friendly. Telework or work from home was heavily promoted by most supervisors.

Cons

I spent a week at a training class when I first started, which was great, but they spent most of the time performing the administrative tasks (HR stuff) that all new hires need. The time would have been better spent showing me how my predecessor performed my job. There was no room for advancement within my department. I would have had to relocate or move to the internal audit group to be promoted.

Increase your training program to two weeks and have the new hire spend some time with another employee who already performs the same or a similar function to allow the new hire to get a better idea of the systems, how things are done, and what the job is all about. Assign each new hire a "buddy" to help them get oriented to Textron. This would be especially helpful for remote employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Textron