Textron
www.textron.com Providence, RI 5000+ Employees

Textron places a large gap between management and hourly employees.

Quality Auditor (Former Employee)
Wilmington, OH

I worked at Textron

ProsThe medical benefits were very good and there was a retirement plan that was fair. It was a union shop which gave better security, at least while it was still in operation.

ConsThe last few years they quit matching stock options. We went through 5 plant managers in 4 years before the doors closed in 2009. Textron needs to focus more on just the bottom dollar.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many chiefs make for a confusing operation. Promoting within the company makes for better relations.

Misleading entry promises, failed expectations and finally total betrayal.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Charleston, SC

I worked at Textron

Pros: The people and employees of Textron are friendly, kind and generally nice to be around. They are understanding if you have a problem and willing… Cons: - Advancement in technical rates is poor, growth is zero. The performance evaluation procedure is a complete waste of time. The human resources employees are… Advice to Senior Management: - Allow employees in danger of layoff to relocate or at least apply for positions elsewhere. - Eliminate about 3 layers of management. - Create… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Was boring with not much work.

New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Textron

Pros: Friendly and helpful people. Employees have good works ethics. Cons: It's pretty far away from the major cities so commute… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure everyone feels engaged at work. More

There are newer reviews on Textron.

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Textron reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Textron CEO Scott C. Donnelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Textron employees.