Textron

www.textron.com
There are newer employer reviews for Textron

Challenging with great potential for advancement.

Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD
Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron

Pros

Textron Corp offers its employees fairly strong job security, excellent pay compared to competitors, and an opportunity to further your education through tuition assistance.

Cons

Travel is often necessary and sometimes burdensome depending on your position. Typical office politics do occasionally interfere with the smooth flow of business.

I have no particular advice to current Management that I wouldn't also extend to any corporation in the world today.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Textron (View Most Recent)

Aging company, many budget cuts and layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Textron

Pros

Textron has some better divisions, but usually gives fair compensation, time off from work and many people don't have to work too hard. Some departments are filled with good people

Cons

Frequent layoffs, lots of hierarchy, aging buildings, some are required to work weekends. Some departments are filled with bad people

Have more cross functional training, bring in some fresh blood, make employees more excited about the company. Needs some flair.

Textron places a large gap between management and hourly employees.

Former Employee - Quality Auditor in Wilmington, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Auditor in Wilmington, OH

I worked at Textron

Pros

The medical benefits were very good and there was a retirement plan that was fair. It was a union shop which gave better security, at least while it was still in operation.

Cons

The last few years they quit matching stock options. We went through 5 plant managers in 4 years before the doors closed in 2009. Textron needs to focus more on just the bottom dollar.

Too many chiefs make for a confusing operation. Promoting within the company makes for better relations.

There are newer employer reviews for Textron