There are newer employer reviews for Textron

Good rotational program, did not really like the people

Current Employee - Finance Intern in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Finance Intern in Providence, RI

I have been working at Textron as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The rotational program gives you exposure to the whole company. Management really tries to help put you in a place to succeed.

Cons

The people weren't that friendly and the work wasn't that challenging. I just didn't really feel like I fit in in with the company culture.

Overall, I felt bored most of the time, and when I tried to ask for work, my bosses gave me busy work to fill up my time. I also wished that the internship program did more for their interns. A lot of times, it felt like we were just left alone and not given much to do.

none really

97 Other Employee Reviews for Textron (View Most Recent)

Challenging with great potential for advancement.

Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Textron

Pros

Textron Corp offers its employees fairly strong job security, excellent pay compared to competitors, and an opportunity to further your education through tuition assistance.

Cons

Travel is often necessary and sometimes burdensome depending on your position. Typical office politics do occasionally interfere with the smooth flow of business.

I have no particular advice to current Management that I wouldn't also extend to any corporation in the world today.

Aging company, many budget cuts and layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Textron

Pros

Textron has some better divisions, but usually gives fair compensation, time off from work and many people don't have to work too hard. Some departments are filled with good people

Cons

Frequent layoffs, lots of hierarchy, aging buildings, some are required to work weekends. Some departments are filled with bad people

Have more cross functional training, bring in some fresh blood, make employees more excited about the company. Needs some flair.

There are newer employer reviews for Textron