Textron

www.textron.com

Good Old Boys Club

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Providence, RI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Providence, RI

Pros

Learned Six Sigma and other functional business experience that has helped me with my career.

Cons

Not a very female-friendly culture. I had male colleagues say unprofessional and in particular when I was pregnant, inappropriate comments simply because I was female. There is almost no diversity. Unless you are an old, white male, this is not the place to work.

There is absolutely no career growth or talent management. I worked with some very talented, smart people who either were laid off or left. By the time I left the company at the end of 2010, all the good talent was gone.

Hire diverse, talented people and the innovation will come.

Other reviews for Textron

Good rotational program, did not really like the people

Current Employee - Finance Intern  in  Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Finance Intern in Providence, RI

Pros

The rotational program gives you exposure to the whole company. Management really tries to help put you in a place to succeed.

Cons

The people weren't that friendly and the work wasn't that challenging. I just didn't really feel like I fit in in with the company culture.

Overall, I felt bored most of the time, and when I tried to ask for work, my bosses gave me busy work to fill up my time. I also wished that the internship program did more for their interns. A lot of times, it felt like we were just left alone and not given much to do.

none really

Challenging with great potential for advancement.

Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator  in  Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - UAS Flight Operator in Hunt Valley, MD

Pros

Textron Corp offers its employees fairly strong job security, excellent pay compared to competitors, and an opportunity to further your education through tuition assistance.

Cons

Travel is often necessary and sometimes burdensome depending on your position. Typical office politics do occasionally interfere with the smooth flow of business.

I have no particular advice to current Management that I wouldn't also extend to any corporation in the world today.

There are newer employer reviews for Textron.

Worked for Textron? Contribute to the Community!