There are newer employer reviews for Textron Systems

Overwatch Systems - Pros and Cons

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I worked at Textron Systems

Pros

Overwatch Systems offers good entry level opportunities and provides a range of experience. Management is very competent, and respectful of employees. The company was motivated and hungry for growth.

Cons

Overwatch Systems offered low compensation and little room for job growth. Continued management changes and reorganizations created a tense and inconsistent work environment.

It would be beneficial to be more open and communicative to all of the employees about corporate goals and corporate finances.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not the worst job I've ever had, and isn't that scary?

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Textron Systems

Pros

Salaries are relatively high for this area.

Cons

Little to no collaboration. The disadvantages of a small company combined with the disadvantages of a big, beaurocratic company.

I doubt there's any they'd listen to.

2. Great People and Opportunity to accomplish

Current Employee - Director of Business Operations, Europe and Africa in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Textron Systems

Pros

This is a great company whose current leadership is amazing. Senior leaders who sincerely ask your opinion, engage you in asking what your ideas are for change, give you tools to accomplish, do not look over your shoulder and most of all do not act like they know everything. I heard the corporate HR VP say "Seek out and hire the best people you can find and then get out of their way!" I love this company!

Cons

There are obstacles within any big company. The keep is that with a little work, a small and friendly line of questioning, most of these obstacles can be overcome.

Keep up the ethos! Keep asking those questions and keep the back office and logisticians committed to supporting the customers. Growth is in our future!

There are newer employer reviews for Textron Systems