Thales

www.thalesgroup.com

Large possibilities, stable but complex bureaucracy

Ingenieur Developpement Projets & Integration Des Systems (Current Employee) Lambersart (France)

Pros- Salaries
- Work council
- Number of internal job opportunities around the world
- Quality strictness

Cons- Quality of your job depends on the project, team, service, entity ... in Thales Group
- Huge and mix of pyramid-shaped/matrix hierarchical system that occurs a kind of a heavy management and internal promotions
- Over-quality system on huge project that produce complex bureaucracy over real productivity on large V-model projects (fortunately, Agile methods can modify this perception)
- Same for security reasons (confidentiality, data protection, internal authorizations...)

Advice to Senior Management- Keep an eye on Agile methods concerning documents generation, open collaborative systems, communication, transparency / feedbacks with direct clients/users, ... Too much intermediaries can block communication/feedbacks or distord indicators.
- Be really attentive to every activities on each project of each entities. Get more feedbacks.

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Thales full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Huge group with enormous potential power and expertise (if you can leverage it). Career opportunities, good mentorship. High level information… Cons: Juniors are offered salaries well over the market, but then salary evolution is more based on seniorship than on skills and performances.… Advice to Senior Management: Adjust salary and bonus policies to reward performances and skills. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Intern (Former Employee) Vélizy-Villacoublay (France)

I worked at Thales as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Big Company and well known around the world Cons: Big Company, too many people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Thales.

Worked for Thales? Contribute to the Community!